The Logo of the Charley Heritage Group

A recent photo of Abbey Lodge taken from the entrace drive to High Tor Farm

Abbey Lodge

Abbey Lodge is a Grade 11 Listed Building owned by Mount St Bernards Abbey. Its date plaque of 1856 places its construction at the same time as the extension works at the Abbey involving E.W. Pugin (the son of the illustrious A.W. Pugin) suggesting that he may have been its designer. Its intricate patterned tiled roof and the door and window surround details give weight to this theory.

On its gable end facing the main road is a statue St Philip Neri set within a small niche unfortunately in the photograph it is hidden behind the ivy.

 

Back to Home